Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oleander and Lantana!!!!!

Oleander, Lantana, Canna Lillies, Bird of Paradise, and cranes in my back yard!
I took a walk around Debbie's neighborhood and was so thrilled to see Oleander growing and Lantana. I remember walking home with Despina Parouskivopolous in Whyalla and trying not to crush the Lantana as we walked by because it gave off such a pungent odor. And Oleander was for your hair if you picked a blossom or two and did not get the sticky sap all over you. These things do not grow in Ohio and we certainly don't have cranes right in our back yard. This crane just stood and watched me and I almost wanted to explain why I was in his territory. And the grass is that old "buffalo grass" that is all spongy like a carpet. It is hot, and I did not walk far, but a dip in the pool when I got back was heaven. Debbie will be home shortly and we will go out to dinner some place and then I will get all my stuff ready to go to the hotel tomorrow and meet with my "new boss" I hope. He will take me out to dinner and then the morning after we will go to the hospital where I will meet all the staff and be under the microscope. This is up to the Lord, I have got myself this far, the rest is up to Him.

Then I spend Saturday and Sunday with Steve and Donna and I am really looking forward to that. If nothing else comes from this trip, I will have had the chance to see the family. I am so excited. What a lovely bonus in my life this is going to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

so glad to hear you are having such a good time. hope your meeting with the new boss went well - good luck at your interview - just be yourself, how could they not love you.

love ya a ton, sharry

ariana said...

hey mom,
hope everyhting went well. Being away at camp this week has made me fell like I went to the moon. See you when you get home. lots of love

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinah