Saturday, July 19, 2008

Spring in Ohio




I know it is winter in Aussie right now, but here it is spring and planting time and Mr. and Mrs. Graf have been getting their home in order and trying to find places for all the new stuff and generally having fun setting up house in their lovely little farmhouse about 5 miles north of Greenville.

Derick came over and tilled my garden. They have planted their garden twice. The first time the farmer sprayed his corn and all their garden began to die, so they moved to another spot and put in a garden. Then Ari came over and put in the garden for me. In my patch of garden things just like to grow. I put rabbit manure out for about 5 years and the plants really enjoy the nutrients and if I don't plant it the weeds like the nutrients just as well.

I gave Ariana my canning equipment and she is going to try canning some of her produce later in the summer.

2 comments:

Dee said...

I have three patches of lawn each about the size of a large trampoline and it is the hardest thing to get Mick to mow just once a month.

Dinah said...

Dee Be thankful you don't live in Ohio....after each rain the grass takes on like a madman...and it rains every couple of days, so you get to mow at least once a week just so you can see out the front door...well not quite that bad but you get the picture....di