Friday, July 25, 2008

Luxury Plus!!!!!!

This is a picture of the inside of the Hilton, and I must say that my room is really nice and the setting for the hotel is wonderful. I have been dined and not wined in a Colonial English pub where I had curried lamb (very good), Southern Cuisine restaurant where I had fried sweet potatoe chips(deadly good), A Greek restaurant where they did the handkerchief dance) blackened salmon (mmmmmm) and at Y'Bor City (which is a "little Cuba" with lots of little shops and artsy places) I had a very special Cuban bread sandwich with a palm leaf cooked into the top of the loaf.



I don't have pictures of the beach developed yet, but this is where I am staying. The heat will knock you down at about 3:00 in the afternoon but mornings and evenings are great. It rains every day and cools everything off. I felt the interview went well and I think they will make me an offer that I hope I can accept. Of course I had my heart in my mouth, but I know my stuff and at least as far as the registry needs I knew more than they did, so I looked like I really had it all together, when I really only was one step ahead of disaster really. Seeing the ocean again was wonderful, and splashing and tasting the salt was so wonderful. I could not stay as long as I would have liked, but since I was in my host's company I acquiesed to her wishes and we went looking around all the little places in St .Pete's.
Sariah will love this. It is such an artsy place. I have already met an art group I can join.
Well off to see Steve and Donna in the morning. I can't wait!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Don't you just love hotels. You can make as much mess as you want, leave and know that when you return the room will be spotless and a mint will be on your pillow. This must be what it's like to be a child...expect for the mint. I'm sure you aced the interview.

Rachel Brown said...

i go away, and you have so much to share. i am so happy for you about the job possibility. hope that call comes soon. keep us posted.

Lizzy is already planning her trip to Florida to visit you (and the beach.)

love you.
Rachel

Dee said...

Oh to be wanted again. To be at the begining of a relationship were they think you know what you are talking about. When you are so excited and scared all at the same time.

Ash said...

YAY!! We always want more family in Florida! Everyone should move here! I can't wait to get to know you better! I love you already!

Thanks for taking Reef on a walk, he still talks about it! : )

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

gladyourecomingflordia
soooexcited
love jessie