Thursday, April 15, 2010

MY THOUGHTS ON APRIL 15

Today is tax day and I am bummed. I have worked so hard and there it is on paper, I am not worth a whole lot :) The IRS does not allow me to deduct for things I value, like plane rides home to see all my lovely children and grand children or gas spent on visiting teaching, nor hours spent on preparing primary lessions, and certainly nothing on hours in learning how to splash color on a canvas! Oh well, someone must keep the wheels of big government turning (sigh), someone must lead out in the work-force and add to the billions (sigh). That is a 1 with zillions of zeros that Mr. Obama keeps shelling out to this program and that.

But I am reminded that the Lord said "the earth is mine and there is enough, and to spare." I am healthy and glad I am able to earn and the Lord is in charge and in His tender mercies He provides for my every need. So what the heck....Mr. Obama, here is my tax return, use it wisely and remember that we really are a blessed nation, under God - from whence cometh all our wealth!

No comments: