Saturday, April 3, 2010

FROM THE SCRIBE'S PAINTBRUSH



Well it has been months since I blogged, but thought it would be good to use as a journal of things I am doing here in Florida. I, of course, am still painting and these paintings are not finished, but it is fun to see them take shape. The tree picture is a recycled canvas project that had a previous southwestern looking window and cactus and I am trying to see if I can make something of old canvases. The balloon picture is another that I was experimenting with saving a previously painted on canvas. It had some huge flowers on it but I decided to do something simple for my primary class to hang in their room......It may or may not work out but I am having fun seeing the end results. I have a couple of new canvases going on, one with the yellow abstract flowers and the other is a boat and water scene. With oils you can have three or four canvases going at once because they take so long to dry and I do not want to make mud so I let it dry and paint in stages. No matter if it does not work out. The canvases only cost me a couple of buck as opposed to $50 - $100 for the large 2 inch stretcher board canvases. I may just be making brilliant messes, but I am learning a lot.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Lilon says that you need to come visit us and teach her how to paint. It will have to be some time when she is not pregnant, though, because the smell would drive her crazy. She would also need to know what basic materials she needs to begin with

Dinah said...

I would love to plan a summer trip or later in the fall when the baby is here.....You will have lots of time for painting after the baby is born....love ya xoxoxox