Monday, May 3, 2010

St. Petersburg Primary



My friend Jan Fleck and I wanted to make a quilt for Tara (2nd counc in primary presidency - Jan is President - I am the Sunbeam teacher). Anyway I had the children print their hands on strips that Jan had planned out. Jan put the quilt together and I did some hand quilting and some tying off. We had a picture of the primary children in the middle of the quilt. On Sunday we took a picture of Tara and the children with the quilt. The three little ones in the front who look like they are statues are my little ones in Sunbeams. Caleb is the boy on the right and Emmy is in pink and Angelina is in yellow. They are so adorable and will not say a word in the big primary, but never stop talking in our little classroom. The other children are in the back. They are the Valiants as we have no CTR's in between right now, but in Primary the motto is "Just wait until tomorrow. It will all change again." That is Tara in the picture. She is gorgeous and so dainty as a pregnant mother. I remembered that I always seemed to look like two women in one body, I would get so big, but Tara just has this little bump in front. Our Primary is very small as we are mostly a ward of older people. But though small in size we are mightly in heart!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Brown said...

wonderful idea. i keep thinking of quilting things but i have so much already i forbid myself to start a new project.