Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHERS DAY AND BIRTHDAYS





On Mother's Day in 1977 (May 8th) to be exact, I had just come home from church and lay down for a rest. I gets off the bed and WHAM! Contraction City! No lead up, no niggles, no "I am on my way!" Just WHAM! First contraction was transition! Oh boy! The hospital was half an hour away. Says I, "I'll just have a wee bath to relax me and maybe this will stop!" I was a bit naive don't you think :) ! So Ken gets the car out and we race down the road with the baby almost crowning. Now we have to go through many streets in Denver on the way to the hospital and there are many stop signs and lights and I am trying to breath naturally and not look like some mad women as I pass other cars on te road, all the while saying "Its coming Ken, I know it is coming!" and Ken hyperventilating on the way...Well we got there and the Doc came and I held on. Good strong membranes I can tell you, for the only thing holding that baby in place was the sac! So he came...Mr. Benjamin Perehama Merrill. He has been a delight to me ever since. He is a gentle, quiet spoken man, who lives the gospel and searched all his life for his Julie, who was born 2 years 2 days earlier than him. He was attracted to her but there were hitches. (There are always hitches at the big decision crossroads in life!) However, he waited and bided his time until Julie was ready. I could not be prouder of either of them. Benjamin (and his Julie) are the best Mother's Day present I could have been given. I love you both. Have a very Happy Birthday both of you two!!! xoxox

No comments: