Saturday, January 10, 2009

La Rondine by Puccini

A friend gave me the opportunity today to visit the theater that had Live from the MET which was the Metropolitan Opera being broadcast live in HD all over the world (a new thing to expose children all over the world to opera) and the opera today was La Rondine (The Swallow). It was so beautiful. If you ever have the chance to go to see a beautiful opera this would be one that is for the young. It is lighter and a simple, very passionate and very sad love story. I actually cried at the end. Angela Gheorghiu and her husband Roberto Alagna sang/played the parts of the lovers who have to part in the end and I was just thrilled. I have been to live theater and there is nothing like that in the world but this was the next best thing to it. It was like sitting the MET audience. We clapped and stood and did all that in our theater and it was the most thrilling performance I have been to in a long while. I was able to go because the cost was kept very low due to senior citizen status. See there are some really good things to look forward to about getting old (ha ha ha). I so think of Levi and Rebecca being able to go to the real thing there in New York and envy them that chance, but today I had the next best thing.

5 comments:

Levi Smylie said...

We actually almost went to see this opera. The Met has a lottery drawing each week this season - - I haven't won yet, but I'm still trying!

Dinah said...

I will be seeing Madam Butterfly in March....will look for you in the audience ...xoxox love your blog and family very much...di

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinah

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

goodtoyoutoday

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinah