Monday, July 20, 2009

Hello Family: What a year this has been! January winter was sleeping under the stars with the tree frogs for company. February and March whizzed by with me travelling to Denver for a conference and to meet up with old friends... Elaine Bailey whom Rachel's middle name comes from and her family. We had not seen since Rachel was born when she was returning from her mission. We had met at CCNZ and had been room mates during those days, then had moved on into young adulthood and were room mates in Wellington New Zealand when I met your Dad. Needless to say we talked and talked and are still talking via the internet! I also had the opportunity to visit with Becky Queen in Denver and have lunch together and see Uncle Bill and Aunt Delores. Aunt Delores has a room FULL of genealogy and I would love to take a week and just stay with them in Denver and do genealogy. April whizzed by and we were intoMay with Ariana and Derick's wee boy(Ian James) arriving and a trip home to see your lovely faces. I then had a lovely visit with Sariah and we tried to fit in lots of different activities even though I had to work during the day, but we also had a lovely week with Caitlin and Aunt Donna and Uncle Steven and all the family. I got a good dose of the sun and looked like a lobster for about a week or so. Saw Levi and Rebecca and Adelaide, Ali and Ben and baby, and Eliza all of whom I had not seen for some years. Sassy and I did the art museum bit, the beach daily, and even took a clay class to learn to throw a pot. I think Sassy could get used to St. Pete's. I will be up to see you all again now that little Olie has joined the club and I want to hold him so bad. I also need a dose of all your faces again. See you on 24th.......xoxoxoxoxo Mum

3 comments:

Rachel Brown said...

Come, come! Eli says you can sleep on his bed. we will be packing like crazy for we have to be out of here by the 31st but we finally found a suitable rental home and signed papers today. pray that we are accepted and that processing moves quickly. it will be a close call.

i love you mom
Rachel

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinah

Dee said...

#5 Shelley

Welcome back...I've missed you. You certainly have been busy but you sound happy and that is wonderful. Just a by the by our brothers name is spelt Stephen isn't it?? i'm sure it is!!! Love always and often Shelley xoxoxo