Friday, January 2, 2009

THE PARABLE OF THE ACRYLIC NAILS.

Sometimes we perceive ourselves as very strong, especially within our comfort zone.
We can take anything the world can throw at us because we have built up our resources around us within easy reach and we can duck, laugh, stand back or come out swinging as the need arises. However, once our façade has been removed, once our familiar walls have been taken down and our familiar resources have changed we can find ourselves somewhat weakened and not as strong as we thought we were.
What brought these deep thoughts on?
Well after 6 years of having acrylic resin painted over my own nails, which gave me incredible strength to do anything with those nails, I went and had them removed.
You see, I want to take a pottery class and I need sensitive fingertips for the making of pots.
So anyway, I had them removed.
And what did I find.
My own nails had been weakened to the point of being paper-thin, like a new-born.
So although the façade looked great, I was really being weakened daily underneath.
But only in the nail department I tell you, because, as has been proven with this move to Florida,
David and Jane (bless their ever-loving souls) Smylie
had taught me not put my strength in anything that is a facade,
but in the Lord and His truths, which do not weaken us
but make us stronger each time.
I had a flat tire! Whom did I call – my home teacher who helped me get help.
I needed help moving in – who came to help me move, family and my Bishop!
I lost my wallet -with green card, social security card, driver’s license
(FOR WHICH I NEED A GREEN CARD TO REPLACE)
and all my other stuff.
I lost it for 2 days and prayed like I had never prayed before and just KNEW as I got ready for work that I would have to call for replacements once I got to work.
I found it as I walked out to my car to go to work, it having slipped down into a little well at the front of the arm rest between the two front seats.
I had looked and looked all over the car for 2 days…but there it was once I had asked in fervent prayer.
NOTHING DOUBTING!!!
Amazing what strength we have when we use the Lord as our constant resource!

2 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinah
havegoodday

Gel-Nails said...

Interesting content.

Just wanted to share some information that may help busy professionals caught up with work and who have less time to maintain their nails. You can try out gel nails which are now becoming a hot favorite as they are natural looking even without nail tips and the best way for nail enhancement. Also, if you are allergic to those strong smelling chemicals which you can experience with acrylic nails, then you should use gel nails as these are odorless.

However, when you are planning on gel nail application, make sure you approach a nail salon or a nail artist who is well versed with gel nails and is properly trained and mastered in gel applications. This will save you from problems that can arise with improper gel nail applications.