Thursday, October 16, 2008

WHAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM GECKOS

Be energetic.
Be friendly.
Always look like you are going somewhere important.
Be interested in people.
Look like you know what they are talking about.
Always wear a smile or look like you are smiling anyway.
Don’t say much, just look bright and intelligent.
Make the wardrobe casual and stay with the basic earth tones.
Watch for larger things coming your way and move out of the way fast.
If you lose your tail,
never mind,
life is just as happy without one.

This is serving me well in my new job. I move fast and with “purpose” and stay out of the “big guys” way. I look like I have it all together and have something secret to smile about and people are drawn to find out what it is that keeps me happy! Nothing special,
I am just following the Gecko’s lead and who doesn’t love a Gecko?
The hospital’s tropical landscape is full of Gecko’s and I love them.


Love and miss you all terribly, but I am cozy warm and making friends……mum…xoxoxo

8 comments:

Rachel Brown said...

do they regenerate their tails? or just live with a stump for the rest of their lives?

Dee said...

I had never thought of them like that. A different perspective, a new lesson.

LeDoux said...

Thanks for offering your babysitting services! It's very nice of you. I hope that you are settling in alright. How's everything going? When are you heading up to our neck of the woods? We would all love to see you!

Anonymous said...

i am more of the sleepy lizard persuasion myself...

Dinah said...

The Geckos seem to have no tail once it goes,(at least for a while) but I am not really sure if they regenerate or not. I have cards for the little ones. Will send the soon.

Ash said...

You are so nice to offer to help move. We are actually moving at an awkward time. The middle of the week after work. We are so excited though. Once we get in we are going to want to have you over for dinner! We all want to see you again!
Love you!

ariana said...

I started clinicals yesterday at Upper Valley. I went to lunch and saw all the CC girls. A little spot in my heart flopped. I miss you and love you.

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinahhopetoseeyouagainsomtime