Saturday, August 2, 2008


Sister Eacott was my Primary President and we met in her house. Your Grandfather, David Smylie was the Branch President and he is about 40 years of age and I loved to hear him lead the singing. Sister Florence (Flo) Quick would play the organ. Aunt Una Pope and Sister Eacott were the only members in Whyalla when we first moved there. I think Sister Quick played the organ for us long before she was a member. We would meet in Hockey House, a sports club and have to clean it out from the drinking parties the night before prior to holding Sunday School in the morning and then we had Sacrament at night. Christina was called as YW Pres at 16...(reminds me of Nephi!). Great examples of leadership to grow up with,

2 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

ohidinahcantwait
seeyouincoupleweeks
loveyou

Dee said...

I love this stuff. I love listening to Granny talk about this stuff too. She tells stories about her parents and being a newly wed. It's so special to be able to sit at her knee and listen to history that too me is so long ago but for her is like it was yesterday.