Friday, April 4, 2008

Warts and All



















I have had a wart on my finger for years and have been trying to remove it recently with this wart remover chemical burn stuff that is highly toxic to my olfactory nerves and would get me high with five good wiffs. Anyway there is something that I want to add to the family blog about warts.

I have lived away from the core Smylie family for well over half of my life, (no comments on how old I am please), but somehow I was always secure. I don’t know how Mum and Dad made us feel this way. I do not know what secret formula they came across and injected into our everyday life. But somehow they gave each of us (all 8 brothers and sisters) the confidence that we could do anything and go anywhere and be secure in being loved.

Well, perhaps that was it!


Perhaps just knowing that we are loved was the key.

We were taught not only that they loved us, but that the Lord loved us and that we should love life, love music, love books, love our ourselves and this good earth the Lord has given us, so that when we went out on our own that love would give us confidence that no matter who should see our warts (and we all have them in some form) we would know that we had tasted love and were okay having others see our faults.

I feel truly blessed to be a part of a wonderful family, warts and all.

4 comments:

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidinah
thanksforwritinggtom
onmybloglovejessie&murphythe
dog

Anonymous said...

i was talking to the lady i work with today, and she was telling me about some contention between her and siblings -over silly things - and it made me so thankful for the relationship our family has.

we STINK, and i mean STINK, at keeping in touch, but we all accept our contribution to the apathy and tend not to lay blame for not writing or calling. instead, when we do finally get in touch, it seems we just pick up where we left off, and are happy to catch up and enjoy the moment.

i love that our relationship as brothers and sisters is as strong and secure as it is, and saying i love you or giving each other a kiss and a hug is an easy and natural thing. i'm so grateful that mum and dad were so demonstative in their love for us and each other.

can't wait to see you all in june.

love you.

family 24/7 said...

Thank you Sharon, you are dearly loved by me

Dee said...

Hi Dinah

Here I am trying not to cry too much. I just love the fact that family members that have never met are best of friends and that in conversation my girls and cousin say Sarah said this and Levi said that as if they were just talking to them. I love you and murphysayshi! Shelley #5