Saturday, July 17, 2010

TOUCHED BY BRILLIANT COLORS






Last weekend I went with my friend Vickie Enger to the Leepa-Rattner Art Museum in Tarpon Springs, Florida and I was amazed at the paintings. Rattner was a jew in Paris and was caught up in the fiasco of Hitler and the jewish people. He had established a reputation as quite an artist in Paris and Europe, with Picaso and friends of that time. He had to flee France as the Nazi's advanced. He fled eventually to America where he began to paint again. Only 8 of his original paintings pre Hitler have survived. But his other works on this side of the globe have been preserved. He hated war and what mankind do to mankind and these are two pieces of his artwork that moved me.

I was blown away by his bold use of color and how it affected my emotions.

No comments: